Within the box you may find dry ice. Always handle dry ice with care and use a protective cloth or leather gloves whenever touching it. An oven mitt or towel will work. If touched briefly it is harmless, but prolonged contact with the skin will cause injury similar to a burn. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
Preparation and Cooking Tips:
Defrost in the refrigerator overnight prior to cooking.
Conventional oven – cook from thawed:
1. Preheat sauté pan for 3 minutes on medium heat.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Score skin in ¼” intervals, being careful not to cut into the meat. Rotate breast and score again, making a crisscross pattern.
4. Place duck skin side down in sauté pan, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn breast over and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Transfer duck to a metal baking sheet, skin side up.
6. Place the duck in the oven for 13 minutes.
7. Allow to rest for 2 minutes.
8. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Instruction for members upon receiving product: